A Brief Introduction
Imperial College London Computing
Bill is a highly motivated postgraduate student with a broad spectrum of FinTech solution development experience, from robotics process automation using Blue Prism, to the integration of the XGBoost ML model and NLP engines into existing banking systems. His blended experience as a software engineer and FinTech engineer in several Fortune 500 corporates drives perspectives in successful innovative solution design and delivery. Bill is well versed in both the banking and finance sectors, and specializes in technologies including Blockchain, Machine Learning, Privacy Engineering, Computer Vision, and Natural Language Processing. Bill has proven track records of working with businesses and IT solution companies in delivering their digital transformation agenda through effective technology deployment. Bill is passionate about working on new challenges and maximizing FinTech values, and aspired to become a valued Financial Technology Engineer in this fantastic new field.
Familiar with state-of-the-art NLP techniques in Machine Translation, Sentiment Analysis and Text Analytics.
Completed Undergraduate Final Year Project in areas of Computer Vision and Machine Learning (i.e., Image-based Localization).
Implemented standalone softwares or webpages for both corporates and individual projects.
Experience in Data Visualization and Quantitative Analysis in the business context. Interested to explore its application in Finance field in the future.
Some Interisting Facts
Some of the achievements I've done throughout my life journey.
A statistical summary of my academic achievements and my work experiences.
Bachelor's & Master Degrees
Microsoft Certified Associate
My Awesome Journey
I have been in a wide range of roles, from technical positions in software programming and web development, to business-related positions in Financial Technology industry.
Imperial College London10/2020 - 10/2021
MSc Computing (Management and Finance)
Courses: Computational Finance, Privacy Engineering, Performance Engineering, Operations
Research, Scalable Systems and Data, Network and Web Security, Natural Language Processing,
Machine Learning, Principles of Distributed Ledgers
Thesis: DeepTrust - NLP-based Financial Information Reliability Assessment on Non-standard Data Stream (Collaboration with Refinitiv)
The Hong Kong University of Science and Technology09/2016 - 07/2020
BEng Computer Science &
BBA General Business Management
Graduate one year early in June 2020
CS-Related Courses: Database Management Systems, Java/C++/OOP Programming, Big Data Technologies (Apache Spark & Hadoop), Computer Organization, Design and Analysis of Algorithms, Software Engineering, Operating System, Cybersecurity
Business-Related Courses: Business Programming in R, Python for Business Analytics, Data Mining for Business Analytics, Principles of Accounting, Financial Management, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Business Modelling Optimization.
Final-Year Project: Campus-wide Image-based Localization Service for HKUST Path Advisor using Machine Learning and Computer Vision technologies (Xception & OpenCV)
Bank of China (Hong Kong)07/2020 - 12/2020
FinTech (Application Development) Intern
Leading listed commercial banking groups in Hong Kong with strong market positions in all major businesses.
- Collaborated interdepartmental effectively in system requirements analysis, design, and evaluation on three banking Robotic Process Automation (RPA) projects, in total improved productivity by saving 82.5 FTE annually.
- Designed and developed Auto-Password Changer for seven core banking systems, and Daily Deposits & Loans Reporting Automation for ALM department on 1K+ HK and SEA branches’ reports using Blue Prism RPA.
- Applied ETL process and implemented a banking liquidity monitoring system based on processed data from various data sources/portals (i.e., SAP by HKICL, internal CIPS and CMI system).
MeteorSpark Hong Kong04/2017 - 07/2020
Quality Assurance Engineer
Hong Kong based premium software development & consultancy company
- Implemented automated & manual testing for releasing product versions via Jest & Puppeteer based on Chromium, then prepared detailed logs and reproduction steps for each version from v1.40.0 to v3.52.0 (300+ versions).
- Formed 100+ automated regression test cases on website while adhering to established website quality standards.
- Inspected and executed penetration testing regularly to identify security loopholes (XSS and CSRF vulnerabilities).
Imagine Software Hong Kong12/2019 - 01/2020
Financial Technology Intern
Multi-national leading provider of real-time investment management solutions
- Improved new security uploading system with additional automation support for convertible bonds. Deployed to proprietary Imagine Financial Platform within 1 month of development.
- Implemented enhancement for data integration and associated technologies across the full stack of the Imagine Financial Platform, submitted 10+ success pull requests with approval.
Thales Transport & Security Hong Kong06/2018 - 11/2018
07/2019 - 08/2019
IVVQ T&C Software Intern
- Developed Automated Tool for conducting DDQS workflow testing on the main control system of Sydney Metro and Hong Kong MTR through point-to-point connection between station equipment and central server using Java.
- Integrated Execution Report feature to existing testing software, to support exporting testing history to a standardized format for management Inspection. Implementation is based on Java Apache POI and Excel.
- Implemented full-stack Real-time trend online platform for monitoring station equipment data using Angular 5, and integrated to the ongoing Shatin-Central Link project.
China Light & Power (CLP) Hong Kong06/2017 - 07/2017
Software Engineer Intern
Multi-national vertically-integrated electricity supply company
- Designed and developed Monitoring Dashboard for managing and analyzing 2K+ construction permits' progress and status. The dashboard is presented using Excel VBA, while data analysis is handled via Python.
- Participated and collaborated with a five-member team in construction management solution exploration, sourcing, analysis, evaluation, and recommendations.
- Implemented automation improvement on the current data handling system, including contractor monthly high-risk activities reporting system, KPI reporting system, etc.
My LinkedIn Profile
A brief overview of my professional, résumé-like profile
that allows you to quickly recognize my business
background, my areas of expertise, and the industry
network I connected.
All information included in this portfolio is also mentioned in my LinkedIn Profile. Please make sure check out my LinkedIn for more details.
How i Work
My Working Process
From Agile to Scrum to Waterfall to Kanban, I familiar with both a more rigid, structured methodology or a more easier to introduce and implement methodology on top of existing process.
Incremental, Iterative Approch
Experienced in development online equipment status monitoring dashboard in Thales following Agile Methodology. I closely work together with business stakeholders and other developers to handle the changing requirements over time and encourage constant feedback from the end users.
Sequential, Linear Process
Developed independent Business Intelligence dashboard in CLP while adhering to Waterfall Methodology. Gantt chart is created with milestones to indicate the start and end dates for each task. In each stage, I closely review requirements and ask for approvement from customers before proceeding to the next stage.
Visual Framework for Agile
Conducted Quality Assurance on Kanban dashboard on JustDo platform. I am responsible to ensure that the Kanban on JustDo can assist users in managing a software dvelopment process in a highly efficient way, and raise suggesstion on future improvement to seniors based on my evaluation.
My Own Developer's and
Familiar with leveraging technologies in solving real-world
Experienced in web development and software programming,and Python and Excel VBA for data analytics and business modelling.
Analytical SkillsAbility to investigate a problem and find the ideal solution in a timely, efficient manner
Developer SkillsImportant skillsets to develop technology solutions to solve problems efficiently
Language SkillsEssential skills for interact professionally in workspace and communicate effectively
My Featured Projects
You can get a glance of projects that I have completed both in university and corporate. Please be noted that sensitive data might be altered in a way due to confidentiality concerns.My Portfolio
Received Recommendations and Testimonials
Information about myself from an outside source, providing details about qualifications, skills, traits, and abilities, as well as listing achievements, and giving a somewhat personal perspective of myself.
"He was able to understand the agile methodology, business knowledge and catch up the codes and new technology very quickly. He can self-manage autonomous and all committed activities were met on time. He also demonstrated innovation mind with feasible solution, and willing to be a mentor, share knowledge and can work well in a team."Recommendation Letter
"He is a fast learner and was able to pick up complex concepts quickly, learning at a swift pace with self-discipline. He also worked co-operatively with other colleagues on different development projects on web, mobile app and backend development. ... demonstrated his commitment along with his time management skills."Recommendation Letter